DATUK SERI DR S. SUBRAMANIAM
MINISTER OF HEALTH, MALAYSIA
PRESIDENT, MALAYSIAN INDIAN CONGRESS
MINISTER OF HEALTH OFFICE
MINISTRY OF HEALTH MALAYSIA
LEVEL 13, BLOCK E7, PARCEL E
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATIVE CENTRE
- FRCPI, MRCP, ROYAL COLLEGE OF PHYSCIANS, IRELAND, 1998
- DIPLOMA IN DERMATOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF WALES, 1994
- MBBS, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, 1978
- CONSULTANT DERMATOLOGIST IN GOVERNMENT & PRIVATE SECTOR FROM 1983 TILL 2004
- Contested for the Segamat Parliament seat in Johor, as a MIC-Barisan Nasional candidate in 2004 General Election and won.
- Served as the Parliamentary Secretary to Ministry of Housing and Local Government from 1 April 2004 until 18 March 2008.
- Contested and won the Segamat Parliamentary Constituency again in 2008 General Election.
- Served as the Minister of Human Resources from 19 March 2008 – 15 May 2013
- Retained the Segamat Parliamentary seat again in 2013 General Election.
- Appointed as Minister of Health on 16 May 2013 and continues to serve in that position till today< li>
POLITICAL CAREER IN MIC
- Began his political career as a MIC Branch Chairman in Malacca and also served in the MIC Malacca State Congress Committee
- Having served as the Secretary General of MIC, he was elected as the Vice President of the Party in 2009.
- Served as the Deputy President of MIC from December 2010 until 20 September 2015.
- Elected as the 9th President of MIC on 21st September 2015.
HONORARY TITLES CONFERRED
- THE FACULTY OF OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE
- ROYAL COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS OF IRELAND;
- ACADEMY OF FAMILY PHYSICIAN OF MALAYSIA;
- ACADEMY OF MEDICINE MALAYSIA
- INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE OF DENTIST
- ASIA METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY
- BY HIS EXCELLENCY THE GOVERNOR, MALACCA STATE
DARJAH GEMILANG SERI MELAKA, DGSM
- WIFE : DATIN SERI DR. S. UMARANI Phd
- CHILDREN :
- DR. S. S. THIVYA DARSHINI MBBS
- S. DIVYA RUBINI BDS
- S. TATVA RUBAN LLB(Hons) Bar at Law